VECTOR TORCH WARRANTY
All Vector lighters are backed up by Vector-KGM’s famous No Proof Warranty.
No Proof Warranty means just that. You are not required to provide a proof of purchase in order to receive warranty service on any malfunctioning Vector lighters. It’s a hassle free, no questions asked, warranty service program. It’s Vector-KGM’s unique way of offering a lifetime warranty service commitment to its customers. Vector-KGM is the last remaining company with an actual in-house warranty service dept. with actual lighter technicians who can perform repair services on the lighters. Our industry leading turn-around time of 1-2 weeks truly sets Vector-KGM apart from the other so-called lighter companies without any in-house QC and service departments.
What’s Covered Under No Proof Warranty? All Vector® lighters and torches (lighters from hereafter). Yes, we will even service the ones that are missing few parts of the lighters, but do not expect us to service the ones that are in multiple pieces. If all moving parts of the lighters are intact, we will service the lighters regardless of the cause of malfunctioning (e.g., dropped on concrete floor, used inferior butane to refill, not used for years, etc). Mutilated lighters (missing more than 2 broken pieces) automatically void warranty.
How to Properly Send Lighters Back for Service?
- Do not send the lighter inside of its original packaging box (remove the tin or paper box). The original packaging box will not be returned to you if you send it in.
- Wrap your lighter within a soft paper tissue so that the outer surface doesn’t scratch during transit.
- Enclose lighter(s) in a properly padded envelope or ask a Vector® Retail Dealer for a service envelope.
- Clearly print your name, desired return address, email address and telephone number at which you can be reached. Your complete contact information must be included with your lighter(s).
- Insure package with carrier to cover your property in the event of property loss during shipping. Vector® KGM is not liable for lighters lost in transit.
- Include a $5.00 check or money order for all pocket size lighters & table top torches including Nitro, Hyper, & Minitro for return shipping charges; $10.00 for Tri-pump & Megapump. You can also pay by credit cards. If paying by credit cards, be sure to include:
- Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Security Code (backside)
- Full Billing address for the credit card including City, State, and Zip Code.
International consumers must pay a $10.00 return shipping fee for all models for Canada and $15.00 for all other countries.
Add $5.oo more for Tri-pump & Megapump ($15.00 for Canada and $20.00 for all other countries.
Send lighter(s) to the following address:
Attn: Service Dept.
6016 Triangle Dr.
Commerce, CA 90040, USA
Is Warranty Service a Free of Charge: Yes, warranty service is free of charge, except you pay a small return shipping fee. See above for return shipping breakdown. (see #6 & #7)
What Payment Methods Are Accepted for Lighter Models Requiring Return Shipping Charges?
- Regular Checks or Money Orders
Valid Credit Cards or Debit Cards
(Visa, Master, and AMEX, Discover Card is NOT accepted).
Along with your credit card number, be sure to include:
A) Card Number
B) Expiration Date
C) Security Code (backside)
D) Full Billing address for the credit card including City, State, and Zip Code.
Status of Repair: If you wish to find out whether we received your returned lighters or the service status, please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- Your full name, address and phone number
- Approximate date you returned the lighters
- Lighter model name if it’s known to you
We will promptly respond to your inquiries by return emails. No phone calls please.
How to purchase replacement parts? Certain replacement parts can be purchased and replaced by you. Typically, most replacement parts cost around $7 except outer casings and lids. To receive an exact price quote on replacement parts, please e-mail us at email@example.com with a description of the replacement part(s) you require along with the lighter model you own. Be sure to specify the lighter model you own and the replacement part(s) you are requesting along with your return address and telephone number, in case we need to contact you for any reason. The turn-around time to receive replacement parts is 2 weeks or less from the day we receive your request and payment. The same payment methods apply as the return shipping fee listed above. No personal checks are accepted for the Replacement Parts.
General Comments & Questions on Our Warranty Service: If you have any general comments about our warranty service or questions on any other aspects of our service not listed above, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Vector® lighters passed all of KGM’s demanding tests and inspection standards set by KGM Quality Control. KGM warranty covers mechanical parts only under normal use and excludes damages resulting from misuse, tampering and abuse of lighters. This warranty does not apply to the outer case finish of a lighter. To obtain service under this warranty, see instructions above.
KGM OFFERS THIS WARRANTY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES. ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, IS IN EFFECT ONLY FOR THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH ABOVE. KGM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF ITS LIGHTERS.